1. Secreted by the stomach, it is necessary for digestion
2. it helps buffer lactic acid generated during exercise
3. reduces the acidity of dietary components such as proteins.
4. it has a prevention effect on dental cavities.use as gargle, inhibits plaque formation on teeth and, in addition, increases calcium uptake by dental enamel
5. plays a major role in the acid-base balances in the human body
6. useful in the prevention of the recurrence of calcium oxalate and uric acid renal stones.
7. Prevent dehydration
8. Consumption Sodium bicarb do not raise blood pressure
9. An ingestion of 300 mg/kg of body weight of bicarbonate before exercising will help you reduce muscular fatigue and so increase the performance of short- term physical exercise
10.regulate the acid-base balance in the body