1.Water purification- add several drops SSKI and wait 3 min before drink
2.Prevent airline sinusitis, respiratory infection- drink a few ounces of water with 10 drops of SSKI
3.Bladder infection- 10 - 15 drops SSKI in juice 3-4 hrly until recovered
4.Acne- rub SSKI into it every hour or two. The offending "zit" would be gone in 24-48 hours or less
5.Fibrocystic breast disease 6-8 drops SSKI daily for 3-6 months
6.Ovarian cyst - same dose
7.Metabolized estron to estriol
8.Dupuytren contracture or Peyronie disease
9.Keloid - rub SSKI + DMSO + Vit E twice daily for several months
10.Fistula - swab SSKI + DMSO
11.Haemorrhoids - Spray 20 drops SSKI and 30 ml of Flaxseed oil
12.Atherosclerosis - combination with Niacin (120mg Iodine 15mg Niacin )
14.Parotid duct stone
15.Lung infections - Chronic bronchitis, COPD and Emphysema - loosen bronchial secretions and reducing growth of microorganism.
16.Toe and fingernail fungus - Iodine + DMSO
18.Swollen glands - infective lymphadenopathy
19.Onycomycosis- fungus under toenails
20.Vaginal infection - 20- 30 drops SSKI as douche
21.Hypothyroidism- 1 drop daily
22.For soaking beans to prevent gas
23. Others- DM, Graves' disease, HPT, Obesity, PCOS, Recurrent and Chronic infection, Thyroid nodules.
Sx of iodine deficiency
When thyroid hormone levels are too low, the body’s cells can’t get enough thyroid hormone and the body’s processes start slowing down.
As the body slows, you may notice that
1. you feel colder,
2. you tire more easily,
3. your skin is getting drier,
4. you’re becoming forgetful and depressed, and
5. you’ve started getting constipated.
3. PREGNANCY RELATED problems - miscarriages, stillbirth, preterm delivery, and congenital abnormalities in their babies.
4. Iodine stabilizes the heart rhythm, lowers serum cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, and is known to make the blood thinner as well- Iodine vital to the heart.
5. Iodine chelates heavy metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium and aluminum and halogens such as fluoride and bromide.
6. Every pregnant woman should be using iodine and magnesium chloride applied transdermally to initiate protective action from even before conception.
7. Iodine supplementation will gradually eliminate the first phase of the cancer development in the breasts (fibrocystic disease) so no new cancers can start. It also will kill abnormal cells floating around in the body at remote sites from the original cancer. This approach appears to work for prostate cancer as prostate cancer is similar to breast cancer in many respects.
8. Iodine into a nebulizer for aerosol treatment for transdermal effect into the lung tissues in the case of lung cancer, emphysema, asthma and tuberculosis.
9. The mind simply works better when the body is supplied the iodine it
needs and studies do show that iodine deficiency leads to decline in IQ.
10. The treatment dose when a person is iodine insufficient is generally between 12.5 mg and 50 mg daily. Preliminary research indicates that if a person is iodine insufficient, it takes about 3 months to become iodine sufficient while ingesting a dosage of 50 mg of iodine and a year to become iodine sufficient while ingesting a dosage of 12.5 mg of iodine daily. However, the patient needs to be monitored closely with awareness of possible side effects and detoxification reactions
11. For fever and infection including viral flu up to 15-20 drops per day.
12. Dosage of Lugol's iodine : six to eight drops of Lugol’s solution four times a day.
13. Iodine is needed in microgram amounts for the thyroid,
mg amounts for breast and other tissues, and can
be used therapeutically in gram amounts
How to Self-Test for an Iodine Deficiency
1. Dip a cotton ball into USP Tincture of Iodine. (You can get iodine at the drugstore for under $1.)
2. Paint a 2 inch circle of iodine on your soft skin, like the inner part of your thigh or upper arm.
3. Wait. -- If the yellowish stain disappears in less than an hour; it means your body is lacking crucial iodine and has soaked it up. If the stain remains for more than four hours, you iodine levels are fine.
Why are iodine levels so important?
Low levels of iodine mean your thyroid isn't functioning properly. The thyroid helps balance hormones, regulate heartbeats, stabilize cholesterol, maintain weight control, encourage muscle growth, keep menstrual cycles regular, provide energy, and even helps you keep a positive mental attitude.
Women are naturally prone to iodine deficiencies. That's because the thyroid gland in women is twice as large as in men -- so under normal circumstances, women need more iodine. However, when women are under stress, the need for iodine can double or triple. Yet the foods we eat contain less and less dietary iodine. For example, back in 1940, the typical American diet contained about 800 micrograms of iodine. By 1995, that amount plunged to just 135 micrograms. That's an 83% decline.
Two thirds of the body's iodine is found in the thyroid gland. One of the best ways to boost your iodine levels is to add seaweed sea vegetables to your diet. Just one teaspoon of sea vegetables a day can help you regain normal iodine levels. Incorporating seafood and fish into your diet can also help. Other foods that contain iodine are eggs and dairy products, including milk, cheese and yogurt, onions, radishes, and watercress. Some foods, called goitrogens, should be omitted for awhile as they hinder iodine utilization. These included kale, cabbage, peanuts, soy flour, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, kohlrabi and turnips.
To reactivate the thyroid gland, tyrosine, iodine, zinc, copper and selenium are needed so make sure that foods containing these nutrients are included in your diet.